Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Quick catch up!


Well, since it has been over a month since I last posted, I figure I should post a quick update as to what we have been up to.


July seems to have just flown by! I can't even say we did much of anything, just enjoyed each other's company! I did celebrate my birthday on the 24th with my family and a YUMMY homemade banana cake from our resident cake expert-my mom, beautifully decorated of course! I got some nice new kitchen gadgets that I have had my eye on for a while! It is funny how things really do change as you get older. As a kid I was so excited to get a new bike, new doll or the coolest new toy out there. Now a collapsible, silicone, over the sink colander does it for me!


At the end of the month we took a girls only vacation! My mom, Olivia and I set out on the road for Georgia! My best friend and her daughter Abby and her mom (my mom's best friend) moved up to northern Georgia a few years ago, and we try to make it up there about once a year. This would be Olivia's first trip up there, so the long car ride would be interesting! We left on a Wednesday morning at about 7:00 and made it up there right around 5:00 that night. Olivia was totally amazing in the car!!! She looked at books, watched a few DVDs, played with her dolls and did lots of jibber jabbering! We had the best time those 5 days, and I hated to come back home! Olivia and Abby had a super time playing together, even though Abby is 2 years older, and Olivia still asks "where's Abby?" at least once a day. One of the highlights was being able to take Olivia to the Cabbage Patch hospital and see all of the babies (and of course buy her a few things too)! Other than that, we just hung out, shopped and relaxed...it was heavenly! I hated to leave, but it was easier knowing Karen and Abby were coming down to FL in October for some Disney fun!!!

After our vacation, it was back to life as usual. Our September Disney trip is getting closer by the day, so I am of course in full planning/getting excited mode-which I know is driving Toby totally nuts! I can't help it that I am totally obsessed with everything Disney, and spend lots of time checking out various Disney websites daily (well daily when my computer is working). Oh well...more on the Disney trip/Disney stuff next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment